Friday, December 29, 2006

Dunk

The blogging has been really intense lately. I am seeing a need to make it even more so. Something that has been on my mind and heart lately is the dunkability of the average cookie. This is the result, for me, of a great deal of Research and Development resources. The following is my list of the top 5 best cookies for dunking in a tall, cold glass of milk:
  • #5 - Girl Scout "Thanks-a-Lot" Cookies - this cookie has undergone a number of face changes and different manifestations, but the concept remains the same: shortbread that soaks up the milk, half covered with a fudge that deflects the milk. Mmmmm.
  • #4 - The Keebler Fudge Stripe ring cookie - Similar in theme to the above, but with the added fun of being able to put your finger through the middle.
  • #3 - The Nilla Wafer - Dunking them until they are soggy and starting to fall apart means that you can throw a number of them in your mouth at one time.
  • #2 - The Original Chips Ahoy - It has to be the original, because they now come in sleeves of like 25 cookies, which I could eat in one sitting. Awesome!
  • #1 - The Double Stuff Oreo - The absolute KING of dunkability. It is to other cookies what the Star Wars Trilogy is to all other movies.

I am sure some people will have opinions on this list, but I know my list is absolutely true. I suggest getting some cookies and indulging today. I find some alone time with a package of cookies is like a spiritual retreat. Good luck and happy dunking!

5 comments:

Lora Maria said...

yes, this is very good. I like it so much. a post of any sort...but throw in some cookies! =) Mmmmm. And it is only breakfast time still.

Although not technically "cookies", certainly falling under the category of "dunkable", I'll bless your list with these two very special edditions:

gram crackers halved, sandwiching the store bought frosting of your personal delight (my favorite is strawberry cheese cake frosting). The milk is a must for balance.

AND:
those itty bitty Teddy shaped Gram crackers, again dipped in your choice of frosting, thrown into a short thick glass of milk (like a swimming pool). THEY TOTALLY SWIM! Grap a spoon and get the bear fishing on~ DIVINITY!

Much Love and Dunking

amyloveslattes said...

i can appreciate your cookiedunkingreview skills, but i simply cannot relate to enjoying mushy cookies. i'll pass on the milk and just have an armful of cookies with my latte. but thx. :)

Unknown said...

Yeah team for double stuff oreos. My absolute fav. I don't indulge as often as I should because they are so fattening. But they are lovely. Happy dunkin!!! Drink some milk for me. ( I really shouldn't have milk!)

Anonymous said...

I like graham crackers plain...and homemade chocolate chip cookies...by the half dozen...I don't dunk though. I stick the cookie or cracker in my mouth...start the chew and then add the swish of milk...mmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmm!!!

rozmiarek thoughts said...

I think there is one that you forgot to add to the list. The Christmas cookie, be it a tree, and wreath, or santa is one of my faviortes. The best thing about the Christmas cookie is that it can also be dunked in Egg Nog. Mmmmm, mmmmm, mmmmm.